We are registered under the Act with registration number: ZA160887.
Below is some information about the type of data that we may receive from you, how this is obtained, how we use this information, and how we ensure your privacy is protected.
How We Obtain Your Information
When you browse Merchant Loan Advance freely, we will not obtain any personal information from you. However, if you use any of the facilities on our website, such as application forms, we may store and process your information. This applies to personal and financial data that we may get from your application forms, or from or third parties (such as credit reference agencies).
If at any point you email our Customer Services department, or any other emails listed through our site, we will need to collect information from our systems to we can respond properly to you. This type of information will only include data you have directly entered into our application form including:
• Email Address
• Phone Number
• Additional Information about your business
• Date and time of application/s
We may also take information regarding what you do on our site, eg the parts of the website you visit the most, or parts that you don’t visit.
How We Use Your Information
Any information collected from you will be recorded electronically and may be used for these main purposes:
• Confirming your identity and ensure that we direct you to the best product or service for your individual circumstances;
• For the prevention of fraud;
• Updating our website and application process to give customers the best service;
• Notifying you about any updates or changes;
• To obtain statistics for our own internal purposes.
Please also note that any calls made to any of our phone number may be recorded for training and quality control purposes.
How We Share Your Information
As we are a loan broker service, we may share your personal information with any member of our group of affiliated companies. They may process your information for the same purposes outlines in the policy, which may include additional offers.
There may also be instances where we will share your information with third parties outside of our group
Reasons for this may include:
• The need to comply with the law or to protect anyone’s rights, property or safety. This may also include protecting against, or reducing risks of fraud;
• Contacting you with further special promotions or offers.
How Long We Keep Your Information
Depending on the type of information that we obtain, the times may vary. However, generally speaking we will keep the information for as long as it takes us to provide you with the required service.
If you have requested for us not to use your information for the purposes of marketing, this will come into effect, but we may keep your information on record, so that we can ensure your preferences are upheld.
The information that you enter onto our website will be kept in our records for a minimum of six years from the end of your connection with us. This is so that we’re able to respond to any queries or complaints that may arise. The information will not be used for any other purpose.
Credit checks and potential impact to credit score
We do not perform any credit checks but the provider you have been placed with may perform credit checks from a major credit reporting bureau. A missed and/or late payment may affect your credit score.
How We Keep You Up To Date
There may be instances where we will contact you by text, email, phone or post including offers that relate to the products available on our site. You will need to agree to us using your information for this purpose during the application process.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Your Details and Preferences
You have the right to contact us to request what information we hold about you, with some exceptions. You access this information, but there will be a one of charge of £10 for processing. This will need to be done in writing, and you will need to complete separate requests (and pay a separate fee), for each company within any of our affiliated companies you require information from.
If any of your personal information has changed, please do get in touch with us as soon as possible.
Please be aware that our site may include links to external or third party sites. We are not responsible for their individual privacy policies or content. Please ensure that you check their privacy policies and terms and conditions.
Looking After Your Security
To protect any personal information that we hold about our customers, we have the top of range technology and security in place.
However, despite all of our safeguards, please do bear in mind that there are always going to be some risk when providing information online. Do not provide any sensitive information onto our site, unless specifically asked for.